Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ashes and Ice



She is desperate to remember.
He is aching to forget.
Together, they are not broken.
But together, one may not survive.

​Jade wakes up with no memory of her past and blood on her hands. 

Plagued by wicked thoughts, she searches for answers. Instead, she finds a boy who doesn't offer her answers, but hope. But sometimes, when nightmares turn into reality and death follows you everywhere, hope is not enough. 

LUST. LOVE. LOSS. Sometimes, all that is left are Ashes and Ice.


It was cute in a way and it made me smile when Jade thinks that most times hope the main character may.
The book is a new tale of angels and demons. I normally tend to keep my distance from this sub- genre though it was a startling surprise when I came to the end.
Saying that it was also pleasant surprise the ending, complete unexpected twist. I would not have guess it.
The only thing lacking is the male protagonist, Conner, yes he is sweet and shy but he just isn't my type, however the the second male lead that I suspect we will see a lot of on the next book from the few pages we get in the ending and epilogue he sounds yummy and one can guess that those two (Jade and Giovanni) have some very interesting history.

This book leave off in a very interesting state and has me curious to what will come next, but like I said before it was lacking in some aspects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment